macros enabled workbook compatability issues 2013 vs 2007

narrowdave

Hi - looking for help!!

I designed an 'macro enable excel workbook' based health assessment tool a few years ago. It worked fine on versions of Excel as far back as 2003.

I have just updated some of the content. A friend helped me with some coding to update a few features. He worked on it using excel365 and made some modifications that were beyond my expertise (nothing too fancy to be honest)... He emailed it back to me and all worked fine on my computer using Excel 2013...

Next I emailed it to a person (at the other end of the country) who wants to use it - he says it freezes and won't open in Excel 2007 - no error messages reported. He says he gets no security option to 'enable macros' - he's tried doing it through the Trust Centre and then opening the file, but it still freezes...

I don't know anybody else who still uses Excel 2007 and so am struggling to know how best to make sense of what's going on... Any ideas??

Thanks so much

Dave

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
presume it was xls if it worked in 2003, every new version of excel has new capability added.

your fre3ind should ensure anable macros is turned on in a blank work book first, then try loading the book, I don't think you can switch between on and off once open

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back