Macros have been disabled. Enable content work-around

Stuepef

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spreadsheet that has numerous macros within it across multiple sheets. I send this spreadsheet to others outside of my company, but the "Macros have been disabled. Enable Content" warning always shows up when the spreadsheet is first opened. I understand the security measures, but is there a way to always enable the content without changing the macro settings within the spreadsheet? The macros/content needs to be enabled for the spreadsheet to function properly and want to eliminate users needing to click the enable content button in order to use the spreadsheet, is this possible?

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I could be wrong, but if a user does not have macros enabled in their copy of Excel to begin with, you can't create a macro that would enable macros.

This resource explains how you can have the user enable macros without going to the Excel settings but .... I personally don't know if it's worth the effort. Of course
I'm familiar with Excel Settings and don't have a problem accessing that area of Excel to enact changes.

https://wellsr.com/vba/2017/excel/macro-to-enable-trust-access-to-the-VBA-project-object-model/

This resource has not been tested by me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back