Macros in Personal.xlsb NOT executing from QAT or Ribbon

Col Delane

I have numerous macros in my personal macro workbook (Personal.xlsb), many of which are generic tools (formula modifiers/fixers, formatting, etc.) that I have linked to buttons on my Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) or to custom tabs/buttons on my Excel Ribbon.

Until yesterday morning, this all worked just fine. However, when Excel (XL2010 on Windows 7 Professional on my employer's LAN) was launched upon PC startup (included in my network profile's Startup menu), the VBE opened and displayed an error (I think something like "Out of memory") - but as it was first thing on a Monday morning at work, I wasn't really paying attention, and thought just closing down and restarting would solve the problem. Alas, this was not to be!

Whilst Excel launches automatically on PC startup, my Personal.xlsb does not :confused: (I have a shortcut in my network profile's XLSTART folder that links to Personal.xlsb in a Dropbox folder).
In addition, after manually opening my Personal.xlsb (Workbook_Open event macros in that file do execute :)) , my macros linked to buttons on my QAT or Ribbon will NOT execute :oops: (even new buttons I added as an experiment!). However, I can execute any underlying macro via the native Macros command on the Developer tab :). It seems that the "link" between the button and the macro in VBE is broken, but I've checked the path under some of the QAT buttons and they seem fine, and as mentioned earlier, even newly added macro buttons will NOT execute - or something far more sinister and mysterious has occurred.

As I use many of these macros on a hourly/daily basis (I work with Excel all day every day), this problem is really hampering my work.

Any ideas, insights, possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Re: Macros in Personal.xlsb NOT executing from QAT or Ribbon [SOLVED]

Many thanks Michael - the problem is now solved. (y)

My Personal.xlsb file had been disabled. Now, if only Microsoft would program Excel to alert the user that this action was taken!! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Re: Macros in Personal.xlsb NOT executing from QAT or Ribbon [SOLVED]

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.....you're kidding, right !! :LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back