Macros locked causing an issue/error for new instructions

kencoo

Hi all, I received some great advice last time I was here.

I use a spreadsheet/workbook in work which was created years ago by someone who is gone. Password protected password unknown. It’s an order form the whole company uses with macros built in. Data dumped=order now=order form completed.

Anyway what this sheet does is complete and order form at the back end from a data dump at the front end. There are new products now and the old form can’t accommodate it.

Option 1:I have tried adding a new macros on new spreadsheet beside the old which can’t be done as the whole workbook is password protected for other macros.
Option 2: alternatively I have set up a new spreadsheet copying the old details onto it however running the old macros clears some of my new formulas and places an error code# for number.
Option 3: build a whole new form however how do I copy the instructions on the old macros without finding myself back in square one.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Hi,

Sounds like a failing of your IT people who should have insisted that an unlocked development / back-up copy be lodged with them before allowing an internal “home brewed” application be rolled out in the office.

If you have not done so already, would be worth talking to them (IT) who, as your company will own the intellectual property rights for the application, should be able to unlock your workbook if they have someone who knows how to do this – Unfortunately, its not something forum is allowed to assist you with.

Failing this, sounds like you will have to start again

Just my thoughts

Dave

Upvote 0
Thanks Dave. Someone should be able to help, no doubt but nobody knows where/when or who created the original.
I can add sheets and change numbers within forms which is fine so I can work with the current sheet without getting involved in the original macros i.e. option 2 above. However by doing this it's throwing up an error #in my new formula.
I have f4 those cells but the error persists. Effectively when the sheet is empty with no data dump my new formula sees "no numbers" and thus the error. It might be as simple as ifsenario.

Upvote 0
Your IT dept should be able to unlock it easy enough (they don't need to know who created it to unlock it).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back