Macros not available in Developer-->Macros tab

SBF12345

Greetings,

I got back on my computer after stepping away and my macros are no longer showing up in the Developer-->Macros window. What could have happened?

I visited the options-->trust center-->macro settings but without getting the macros back to visible.
Also, clicked on all the files available under the "macros in:" drop down menu on the Macro window.

Any ideas?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

SBF12345

And one last thing, when I open the Visual Basic Editor all of my modules are included in the file on the left side of the screen but if I try to double-click on one of the modules a graphically impaired window opens without any text and the X button to close the partially broken window doesn't work.

Jaafar Tribak

Office Version
Platform
Windows
I remember experiencing similar problem in the past. The file is probably corrupt and I couldn't open the modules and recover the macros .

If memory serves me right, I think, instead of double clicking the modules in order to open them, I right-clicked them and chose View Code from the context menu which worked. Then I copied the Macros to a new workbook and got rid of the initial corruped file.

Last edited:

SBF12345

thanks, tried to do this, but wasn't able to view code either, also tried to export module but received an error "module not found".

How does a file become corrupt?

SBF12345

Another symptom, I am unable to open a new module and write code...it is as if the entire VBE is not allowing code to show or be written.

Jaafar Tribak

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Is this happening with only one workbook ? Have you tried Open And Repair ?

SBF12345

My macros were saved to the personal workbook. I've tried to open the macro window through the personal workbook and another workbook with the personal workbook also open. I am unfamiliar with open and repair. What the the procedure to open and repair?

SBF12345

I figured it out...bad news...i lost all my macros...good news i regained the functionality of the VBE.

I had somehow saved the personal workbook with the binary extension file format which corrupted the personal workbook. Fortunately I kept a backup of most modules of code!

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbone2020

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...