Macros not working on my computer

Lunox01

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone! I am really frustrated since our IT guy cannot fix my Excel problem. I really don’t know anything about macros and my Excel proficiency is not that good.

So here’s my story.. A separate department has provided us a sheet with macros where we would log our daily production and then we click a button for submission. But it is not working on my computer. It is uploaded via Sharepoint so everyone has access on it. It is working fine for everyone but me. We have actually been using the same file for 4 months now but my problem only occurred about 3 days ago. I think it has something to do with the update on my computer about 3 days ago as well. But I asked our IT guy and checked some forums as well, as per my research seems not related to my problem. Does anyone have any idea why my Excel suddenly facing issues? Appreciate your help. Btw, we are using Office 365.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Welcome to the forum.

What exactly do you mean by "not working"? Does it produce an error, or do nothing at all, or do the wrong thing?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum.

What exactly do you mean by "not working"? Does it produce an error, or do nothing at all, or do the wrong thing?
There is no error but it not is working the way it is supposed to. When we click the ‘Submit’ button, it should transfer the data from one sheet to another and enable these dropdown boxes and automatically have these colored rows. It is working on others’ computer, but when I click the button it does transfer the text/data but the colors and dropdown boxes that should’ve appeared doesn’t. Sorry I am not familiar with the terminologies on Excel functions :(

Upvote 0
We'll need to see the code then, please.

Upvote 0
We'll need to see the code then, please.
How do I check for the code? Is it still possible that the code is the issue even if it is working for everyone else? Around 15 users downloaded the same file and I’m the only one with this issue.

Upvote 0
It's still possible. If it isn't the code, then it might at least give us a clue as to what might be wrong, though that is less likely.

If you right-click the button, do you see an Assign Macro option?

Upvote 0
It's still possible. If it isn't the code, then it might at least give us a clue as to what might be wrong, though that is less likely.

If you right-click the button, do you see an Assign Macro option?
Is this the same with Alt + F11? Someone suggested this to me on another forum.

Upvote 0
Alt+f11 opens up the VB Editor, but you'll then have to search for the relevant code. If you can click the assign macro option, it should show you which macro is assigned to the button (unless it's an activex one) and then pressing the Edit button should take you straight to the relevant routine.

It might be worth just asking the designer of the workbook though.

Upvote 0
Alt+f11 opens up the VB Editor, but you'll then have to search for the relevant code. If you can click the assign macro option, it should show you which macro is assigned to the button (unless it's an activex one) and then pressing the Edit button should take you straight to the relevant routine.

It might be worth just asking the designer of the workbook though.
I already asked the editor of the workbook but she doesn’t know what’s causing the problem as well since she pointed out that everyone’s file is working fine, and only mine is not :(

Upvote 0
The dropdowns and colouring may be on hidden or filtered rows on your computer
Have you checked for hidden rows and /or filters on the sheet ??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back