Macros not working on my computer

Lunox01

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone! I am really frustrated since our IT guy cannot fix my Excel problem. I really don’t know anything about macros and my Excel proficiency is not that good.

So here’s my story.. A separate department has provided us a sheet with macros where we would log our daily production and then we click a button for submission. But it is not working on my computer. It is uploaded via Sharepoint so everyone has access on it. It is working fine for everyone but me. We have actually been using the same file for 4 months now but my problem only occurred about 3 days ago. I think it has something to do with the update on my computer about 3 days ago as well. But I asked our IT guy and checked some forums as well, as per my research seems not related to my problem. Does anyone have any idea why my Excel suddenly facing issues? Appreciate your help. Btw, we are using Office 365.

The dropdowns and colouring may be on hidden or filtered rows on your computer
Have you checked for hidden rows and /or filters on the sheet ??
Hmmm.. I don’t think so. I am able to transfer to text/data and it should be formatted automatically but it is not working.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Who ever that created the worksheet macros needs to troubleshoot the workbook issue on your computer as you said you've recently updated your system. They will need to debug their macro scripts and fix the part that broke due to the recent update changes. As there been some office updates that broke my excel micros in the past and had to debug my script to fix it.

Upvote 0
Who ever that created the worksheet macros needs to troubleshoot the workbook issue on your computer as you said you've recently updated your system. They will need to debug their macro scripts and fix the part that broke due to the recent update changes. As there been some office updates that broke my excel micros in the past and had to debug my script to fix it.
Oh I see. Does this mean that I need a different file from others? A separate file with a different code customized specifically for my computer? Or should the worksheet author just update the macros that would make the sheet compatible for everyone (myself included)?

Upvote 0
Hi,​
if you copy the workbook from Sharepoint to your local disk, does it work ?​

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for helping out. IT guy decided to reimage my laptop (whatever that means ?). Hopefully it works. Will find out next week.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back