Macros run then wont run after "save as"

Bradium

Board Regular
Today my 5 meg 2003 workbook decided to disable macros. I was working at a computer on our server that I have used many times.

When I did a "save as" the the macros in the newly named file would not work due to security level. In order to get the Macros to work, I had to close Excel and reopen the file. I did not need to adjust security level.

I also developed a small data file today that users could upload into the larger file. This also exhibited the same problem. I changed computers but this did not fix the problem.

Macro security was set on medium. I have used this file for several months now with only the occasional "on open" macro failing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
After two weeks I have had no joy. Basically, the file will open and work ok when you open excel with it. Then you do a save and shut down the file (not excel). Then open the file again and the macros are disabled without warning. Only when you click on a button do you get the macro security note warning about trusted sources and signed macros.

I am going to go through the laborious task of dealing with our help(less) desk tomorrow, so if you have any ideas, I would be most appreciative.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back