Macros stopped working but still works in another computer.

thatmacroguy

Office Version
  1. 2013
I won't be able to share the code. Even if I did I wouldn't be able to, it since has 10 different modules. However, the macros stopped running in one computer but the same macros with the same code runs perfectly fine another computer. Again, if we bring over the same macros, it doesn't work. Any ideas as to what may lead to situation like this?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Welcome to the Board!

Is he running it from his computer, and not from Excel Online, or from OneDrive?

Can you see the macros on his computer if you go into the VB Editor (ALT+F11)?
If not, then it sounds like something is stripping off the VBA code when transferring the file to his computer.
So then I would ask you how are you sending him the file and how is he opening it?

If you can see the VBA code, but cannot run it, then it sounds like the user has his Excel set to disable all macros.
Have him check his security settings and change accordingly.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Is he running it from his computer, and not from Excel Online, or from OneDrive?

Can you see the macros on his computer if you go into the VB Editor (ALT+F11)?
If not, then it sounds like something is stripping off the VBA code when transferring the file to his computer.
So then I would ask you how are you sending him the file and how is he opening it?

If you can see the VBA code, but cannot run it, then it sounds like the user has his Excel set to disable all macros.
Have him check his security settings and change accordingly.
Like we all use the same macros but different computer and stuff. His macro stopped working few weeks ago. We email him our excel sheet which contains the macros. It doesn’t work in his computer. But the same excel sheet with macros works on our computer.

All macros enabled.
F8 is not showing any errors.

We copy paste our macro code in his computer and still not working.

Out entire department is clueless.

🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
Hmmm...

Could be an corrupted version of Excel on that computer.
Might want to try doing a re-install of Excel.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Cannot make any suggestion without seeing the actual code but...
F8 is not showing any errors, but when you run the code by step-in, can you see if some variables are working or not in the code?
I also wanna know, does other macro work on that computer? Let's say, how does it work a simple macro like just showing a popup message box?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back