macros warning

Excelled

I created a spreadsheet with a macro in it.
Removed the macro after running the macro from it. Whenever I open this sheet now, it asks me if I want to "disable macros" or "enable" them.
Even though I dont have macros at this point on that spreadsheet, the message still keeps popping up. Is there a way to avoid that.
I found out that if you lower your security setting in excel, the message will disappear.
But, since there are no macros in it now, is there a way to make it disappear, while keeping my security settings the way they were?
Please helppp !!

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
anoying isn't it?

this might not work for you but...

save the workbook in a lower version (i think i used excel v 4), this should strip the macros.

you might lose some other formating though (like any validation)

hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Open the VBA editor (Right click any sheet tab and select "View Code")and from the project explorer right click one module at a time and select "Remove Module#" click "No" if you get an export box. You only need to remove the modules, the Sheet Modules will not delete! Then save the workbook, Close then re-open and if your lucky it will not flag a macro. JSW

Upvote 0
No, I do not see the "remove module#" option neither in the "code" window nor the "project explorer" bar with the microsoft excel projects.

Open the VBA editor (Right click any sheet tab and select "View Code")and from the project explorer right click one module at a time and select "Remove Module#" click "No" if you get an export box. You only need to remove the modules, the Sheet Modules will not delete! Then save the workbook, Close then re-open and if your lucky it will not flag a macro. JSW

Upvote 0
It's not, Right click the name: "Module1" then from the dropdown box select "Remove Module1..." you may need to click the "Modules" expand box in the Project Explorer list.

Under Modules do you see:
+Modules
Module1
Module2

Also check every code page Excel will let you open with a dubble left click to see if anything is on it's page. If you find anything delete the code! JSW

Upvote 0
hmmmm. When I right click on "module 1" (list of excel objects), I do see a "Remove module 1 option, but it is grayed out.
I appreciate you working with me on this.

Upvote 0
Open a new WorkBook then copy your old Workbook sheets to the new Workbook. Close the old Workbook and save the new Workbook. This should re-set things and set the new Workbook up as a Workbook without macros. JSW

Upvote 0
Thanks Buddy...There about a 100 sheets in that workbook...I think I'll keep it the way it is now. Thanks anyways

Upvote 0
I don't know if I can help or not, but the same thing just happened to me this week. I posted a message here and got some suggestions.

Here's what I ended up doing.

In visual basic, I chose the project explorer on the view menu. Then I had to select each sheet from the box on the left, then right click and "view code". Some sheets had nothing, but a bunch showed some code. It didn't look like a macro, but for each sheet where there was code, I deleted it. Then I saved the file under a different name. When I reopened, they were gone and all my calculations were in tact. I'm sure there's a faster way. I was just glad to get rid of the annoying "enable macro?" messages.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keycalinc

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back