macros with Pulldown menu

Sharid

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have several staff you need to complete training within deadlines. To keep myself on track with their progress I devised a spreadsheet to with a drop down menu option to select an answer of YES or NO depending on if they had completed training. After a while this became a pain as I had to select the NO option for all staff and then later change the NO into a YES once training had been completed.

I tried to set a macro so when clicked it would input all the NO options and I could later use the pull down to change them to a YES. My problem is my macro does not work.

Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("E9:E33"), Type:=xlFillDefault
Range("E9:E33").Select
Range("E9").Select
End Sub

The cells are E9 to E33 in column E

Once the macro is activated I want E9 to E33 to fill with the word NO. I can later use the pull down to change cells to a YES option once training is complete. Also what I need is that once the cells E9 to E33 are full the next time the macro is activated cells F9 to F33 in column F will read as NO and so on everytime the macro is activated.

Is this possible?

cheers

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
To do the first part is straightforward

Code:
Range("E9:E33").Value = "NO"

will the column to be filled with NOs always be the first blank column (or at least Row 9 of the column blank)?

Upvote 0
row 9 of the blank column, the blank column will always be from row 9 to row 33

Upvote 0
Try this

Code:
Sub InsertNO()
Dim NC As Integer
NC = Cells(9, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column + 1
Range(Cells(9, NC), Cells(33, NC)).Value = "NO"
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks for the macro, I tested it in my sheet but it does not work. so I tested it in an new blank SHEET and it worked. It input the word NO from cell 9 to 33. However it did not start in column E from E9 to E33. It started from B9 to B33.

Every time i clicked the button it filled a new colum from cell 9 to cell 33. This is great, however it does not work on my sheet.

Is it because I have a pulldown option that start in E9 to E33 with the options YES and No?

This is also the case for all columns on my sheet from cells 9 to 33 all coloums and cells within have a pulldown option of YES or NO.

I will not need the "NO" option if you macro works.

Once again thanks

Upvote 0
Don't ask why, but its has decided to work in my sheet now and it works a dream.

Thank You

I owe you one. If you ever want to learn how not to write good macros, then i'm you man

cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back