Macro's

naritcom

My Problem is that I have several linked worksheets in the same workbook that when I need the data sorted, it must be sorted in all the worksheets the same way. Is there a simple (?) way to sort any sheet and have all the other sheets auto sort at the same time? The data range starts at A6 and ends at A39 but some sheets are only 5 columns wide while others go to column AR
Idealy I would also like to shade every second row to simplify viewing.
Thanks in Advance
This message was edited by naritcom on 2002-10-27 14:20

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but to use Excel efficiently, you WOULD NOT have the same data in different sheets and sorting it the same way.

Perhaps you should be using the Data menu for features like Group and Outline, or Subtotals?

Upvote 0
hi naritcom - if you select the first worksheet then while holding the shift key select the last worksheet, sort the data from A6 to Ar36 and all sheets will be sorted the same. There have been a few postings here re shading every second row, suggest you do a SEARCH (I'm frustrated at the moment as I can not do a search when I dial in remotely and no one has been able to solve this for me here).

When you format your data you should use the above method also as it keeps your file size down due to the way Excel keeps all the formatting info.

_________________<font size=+1.<fontcolor="Blue">Sam</font size=+1.</fontcolor="Blue">
Why is it that the nuttiest people define reality?
This message was edited by SamS on 2002-10-27 04:05

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fenes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back