macro's

LuvExcel130

hi Does anyone know about security levels? I don't understand why I can create macro's in Excel but I need to turn the security level to low in order for it to work. Why is it potentially harmful to my computer to have a macro that I created in Excel?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
You should never, ever set your security level to Low. Five lines of malicious code can clean your computer's clock.

Set it to disable macros with notification, so that you can enable them if they are from a trusted source. If you don't want to be prompted to enable your own macros, sign the project and trust yourself as a publisher.

Upvote 0
I just realized that this is posted in the Lounge. How about asking your question in the forum?

Upvote 0
I moved it to the Excel forum for you.

I agree with shg, NEVER set your Security Level to Low.

Here is a link that describes how you can create a Self-Cert sign you can sign your VBA projects. I use it all the time, and it works well. http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110793

You could also set "Trusted Locations" on your computer, that tells it that any files stored in a specific file directory are safe to run. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/e...sted-location-for-your-files-HA010354311.aspx

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back