sanket_sk

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi There,

Hope you all are safe and sound.

I need your urgent help and based on my previous experience I know I will get help on top priority.

Just to inform I am using microsoft office 365 pro.

I have to send 200+ letters, I know how to connect excel to word and send individual Emails using mail merge but there is a twist.

The letter which I have to send should be in PDF, so the first thing I will have to do a mail merge using Excel – Word and then I will have to save these letter as PDF in a particular folder with Vendor code, now this vendor code is not part of the letter, I don’t know how to map this requirement in word VBA.

Please help saving individual files in PDF using word mail meagre, Once PDF file is available I can send these letter easily.

Sharing herewith filed which are available in excel, I don’t know how to share word file using xl2bb.

MME contract (PH_DA).xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJ
3Need to save file with this nameThese Filed will travel to Word as part of letter
4Vendor CodeASC NameCityPincodeContact NameContact NumberSubject TitleDateMess 1Mess 2
567672000Kailash ElectronicsOngole523002John Shintre9.8496E+11Posting as Technician23-09-20Appointment letterMamaBhanja Sales & Services
6677002340Start ServicesTirur676101Vinay Jog49424273737Posting as Technician23-09-20Appointment letterMamaBhanja Sales & Services
7677052134Orpat ServicesAmravati444601Kaka Deshmukh98232443563Posting as Technician23-09-20Appointment letterMamaBhanja Sales & Services
Sheet1

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
if you are not including the vendor information in any of your mail merge fields, how can the resulting PDF know what the vendor is?
use the vendor as the first field in your document and "hide" it by making it a white font (assuming it is on white background) very small font if you like as its not going to be seen.
The documents will have the vendor returned as the name on each individual document, from here you can save as you have been doing on an individual basis

Last edited:
Upvote 0
as an aside to this question you may need a 3rd party add on to split generated pdf into individual files

Upvote 0
if you are not including the vendor information in any of your mail merge fields, how can the resulting PDF know what the vendor is?
use the vendor as the first field in your document and "hide" it by making it a white font (assuming it is on white background) very small font if you like as its not going to be seen.
The documents will have the vendor returned as the name on each individual document, from here you can save as you have been doing on an individual basis
Hi There,

Okay, I can incorporate vendor code filed ( Not as first filed but put it in between the letter) and we can save the letter as vendor code.

Please help me create code for the same.

Sanket

Upvote 0
a mail merge document will save it as single file with several pages I am not sure you can achieve what you are looking to do with a PDF file.
I think you would need edit individually and save each PDF, if the vendor code was in the header and hidden there then each PDF would name itself with the vendor number,I cant think of a way to achieve this automatically unless you had some add-in to split the files for you, I think there is such an add-in that does what you are looking for rather than using code, sorry I cannot be of more help

Upvote 0
as an aside to this question you may need a 3rd party add on to split generated pdf into individual files
No I think we can control this VBA itself.

I gone through few YouTube Videos but they havent shared code, but it is possible to save individual PDF without any 3rd party addin.

Sanket

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back