Mail Merge or Complete Excel Method

spectraflame

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spreadsheet containing multiple rows. The end goal is to take key values from various cells and populate a form. I am familiar with using Excel and Word to complete a mail merge which I think would work, however I am curious to know if there is an all Excel method to accomplish the same thing. My concern is with the Excel to Word mail merge solution, I will be forced to have a single record on a single page however the data in Excel contains rows that are related based on customer number. Some records are unique and some records vary in related rows. I would appreciate input from the group on what would be the best way to accomplish this. The end product will be used by someone with very limited knowledge of Excel or the mail merge process.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I've done this quite a few times... I use a new Sheet and create my form. At the top, I put a reference to the row where the data is stored. The non-change cells are entered as text (i.e., Name, Address). In the cell where the data goes, just create a formula that points back to the data tab. Change the 'row' number and the data will change. Here's an example:

Book1
ABCD
1Row3
3NameDavid
4Address123 East Side
5CityFrankston
Form
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B3:B5B3=INDIRECT(ADDRESS($C$1,MATCH(A3,Data!$A$1:$C$1,0),,,"Data"))

and

Book1
ABC
1NameAddressCity
2Alice221 Baker StreetCarlton
3David123 East SideFrankston
4Guillermo222 Harvard SquareIowa City
Data

Upvote 0
So are you saying you just manually change the C1 reference to populate the form and then Print each one?

Upvote 0
That's one way to do it. You can write a quick macro to change the numbers automatically when you click on a link or button.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreeCricketId

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back