Mail Merge - repeated fields

LISAKG

Hello! I was hoping somebody might be able to please help? I created a mail merge in Word from Excel. The source data only had one Company name per row in Excel. In the mail merge, I added the Company name field to the front of the letter and again to the back of the letter (the letter was double-sided). Is it possible that a Company field on one row in Excel was on the one side of the letter and a Company field from another row in Excel be on the back? The reason I ask is I've been contacted to say there are two different Company names on the one letter and I can't see how this would have happened. I haven't got access to my computer right now. I was just wondering in theory if it's possible. Thank you. Lisa.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Is it ONLY the Company name column that is incorrect on what must be the second page?

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying. It's all okay now. The mail merge worked fine. It wasn't that the Company name was incorrect it was because two letters were put into the same envelope! The explanation given of what was incorrect was too vague to understand, the problem wasn't actually the mail merge after all.

Upvote 0
Describing adequately what a problem actually is takes one easily to describing the solution and saves a lot of time.

Unfortunately, the former often calls for great skills.

Glad it is all sorted.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back