Make 2 lists match in excel when theyre are duplicate values with different criteria

modstop

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I am currently trying to match 2 lists so i can transfer data from one to the other, the problem i am having is that some of the products have the exact same sku but a different product title, and in both lists they are slightly different and theyre is nothing unique about each one of for me to be able to write a formula about (that i can think of) i do not know how to do macro's so i am unsure if this would help.

Also i should note the spreadsheet is 18500 lines long and as i'm currently going through this manually you can see why im hoping someone can help or atleast lend some advice.

example -

Sheet 1
SKU1 - 1234
SKU2 - 1234.1
Product Title
#1 Volkswagen Tiguan Engine Mount
#2 Volkswagen Tiguan Engine Mount
SKU1 - 1234
SKU2 - 1234.1
Product Title
#1 Volkswagen golf Engine Mount
#2 Volkswagen golf Engine Mount

Sheet 2
SKU1 - 1234
SKU2 - 1234.1
Product Title
#1 Volkswagen Tiguan 2007 Engine Mount
#2 Volkswagen Tiguan 2007 Engine Mount

SKU1 - 1234
SKU2 - 1234.1
Product Title
#1 Volkswagen golf 2007 Engine Mount
#2 Volkswagen golf 2007 Engine Mount

Ideally i need something that will be able to look up one list and then put my other list in the same order so i can just copy it across, Going through this sheet manually is killing me and really slowing down my business

Thanks in advance for any help

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Please show more sample data and before/after examples. From what you have posted, I cannot really determine what you need. If there is a predictable pattern, you will be able to automate or at least semi-automate your process.

Upvote 0
Apologies for not being so clear in my previous post -

Please see below,

Example 1,
Shows that there are multiple products with the same sku but i need to somehow find a common thing to pull against aswell as the sku to make sure it give me the right title on my final spreadsheet or hours of work is going to be wasted from 1 mistake that i made

example 1.PNG

Example 2
both spreadsheets next to eachother and i need to move the list that has the year model included in the title - however theyre are less line in my final document than there are in the one i need to pull the info from, so i need to it only show me the ones that match from my final spreadsheet

Document on the left is my final one that i went through manually and removed any products without a sku / product image/ or was not correct

file on right is the one i need to pull the new titles from to make the file correct before i upload it to my website

Example 2.PNG

Upvote 0
Sorry Modstop, but it's still not clear to me how to define the rules. You are welcome to upload a sample workbook in this folder. Include a worksheet of raw/before data and another worksheet containing the end results along with a detailed step by step explanation of the steps you took to reach your end. If you do upload a file, post back with the name of the file. Have a nice day! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back