Make data tables calculate automatically

creid36

Hi,

This is my first post so apologies if I don't describe the problem accurately enough!!

I am using data tables to perform price sensitivity. E.g if production=70%,80%,90% of actual production what would the cost per unit be.I have the tables working however, I need do do this for 30-40 products over the full year.Just now I have each month as a new tab(worksheet) on the same spreadsheet. Therefore, what I have done is copy and paste the data tables from April for May,June,July etc.

However, when I have done this the tables don't automatically calculate even though the production figures are different each month.

Is there a way of making each table calculate automatically for each month?Currently I am selecting the area, going to data then tables and selecting the cell.

Any help??

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi and welcome to MrExcel

I think I understand this do you perhaps want a pivot table?

You would select the whole dataset and go to Data>>Pivot Tables..>>Finish

You would then drag your date/month into report filter at the top of the pivot then your categories into row data the columns you want to total in column data and the costs into the field data.

From here you can then select the month you want to analyse from the report filter dropdown and each month will adjust accordingly. It also means you only have two pages, one for raw data and one for your report.

HTH

Dave

Upvote 0
Product 1 Product 2 Product 3 etc...

70% production 3000/ £2.10 CPU
80% 4000/£2
90% 5000/£1.80

I basically want this layout for product 1-30 without having to click data-table-cell. Does that make sense?

Maybe you are right that i need a pivot table but I when I don't think I have my data set up correctly for the pivot table to work.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
When you copy a data table the formulas that contain the TABLE function are converted to values. So you need to recreate the data table for each copy.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back