Make it easier to mark old threads resolved

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been trying to go back and mark old threads resolved when I have some free time. I just went to do that, but could not find the button. After a few minutes, I realized that it is only available for each forum. That means that I have to go check each forum individually. A much better implementation would be a button on the main page (and every page, for that matter) that showed unsolved threads for all forums.

There are only five question forums in the MrExcel Message Board, and the quick links for each forum are provided in the announcement thread:

If you'd like to visit your old questions to mark that solution posts, then you can simply click on those links for each forum, and see the list of your old questions that have no solution marked yet.

There are only five question forums in the MrExcel Message Board, and the quick links for each forum are provided in the announcement thread:

If you'd like to visit your old questions to mark that solution posts, then you can simply click on those links for each forum, and see the list of your old questions that have no solution marked yet.
I'm not sure if you are arguing for or against my point, which is that 5 > 1.

No, I am not arguing with you about anything but showing the help page and links that will help you to find your old questions.

"Your unsolved questions" links in the question forums are not coming with the original forum software but we implemented it to help our members finding their old questions.

More help for you only while I am here:
You have only one question in Microsoft Access and General Discussions forum.
Your Access question: Simulate time?
Other question: VBA Books: General or Excel-Specific?
And you can access all other questions by using the Excel forum link. Excel Questions

No, I am not arguing with you about anything but showing the help page and links that will help you to find your old questions.

"Your unsolved questions" links in the question forums are not coming with the original forum software but we implemented it to help our members finding their old questions.
What I meant was that you are making my argument -- i.e., I have to go to each section individually, which is just what I am complaining about.

But now I have another problem. I have marked a few old threads solved, but I have found a few that either did not receive any responses or none that really answered the question. Do I just leave them as is? I'm OK with that except that it makes it more difficult for me to find the ones that I need to mark solved as I have to scan past the unanswered ones. I have 1`7 screens of unsolved threads in the main section. If I find 10-15 unsolved threads, I will be strongly discouraged from searching for more if I have to check each of the unanswered threads over and over again.

I also think old unanswered threads ought to also be marked as such or deleted. I don't see that I can delete a thread.

Any solutions for this problem?

I have to go to each section individually, which is just what I am complaining about.
Please read the "More help for you" paragraph in my reply.

If there is no response or an actual answer for a question, then it means there is no solution post to mark.
Threads posted on the board cannot be deleted.

Marking the old solutions is something that we are kindly asking our members' help in case they are able to do that. So, thanks for considering but you do not have to go back and mark your solutions if it is causing trouble or you find yourself discouraged.

As the final note, there is no plan to make further customization about marking solutions other than what we already implemented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back