Make value negative based on symbol in row

joacro

Board Regular
Hi there,

I have two columns In the one column is a symbol and in the other an amount if the symbol in D = P then the amount in Column E should be negative.

I then have a total box that will add and subtract the value's together. How do I insert a line automatically when I want to make a new entry

Hope anyone will be able to assit

Regards

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Zack Barresse

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
365, 2010
Platform
Windows, Mobile, Web
Not sure where you data resides specifically, but perhaps:
Code:
=E1*IF(D1="P",-1,1)
Then you can sum the values normally.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer01

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...