Making a formula that by inputting a recipe, it gives the list of ingredients?

Teeaamzz

Basically, I have several recipes and I would like to make it so if someone inserts a recipe code/name, it will "look up" and output the list of ingredients. Does anyone have ideas on how I can do this?:confused:

Roxxien

Re: Need help making a formula that by inputting a recipe, it gives the list of ingredients?

From what i don't see, i had say a VLOOKUP formula or INDEX/MATCH combination.

It will really help to have a sample of your exact problem to help correctly.

Teeaamzz

Re: Need help making a formula that by inputting a recipe, it gives the list of ingredients?

From what i don't see, i had say a VLOOKUP formula or INDEX/MATCH combination.

It will really help to have a sample of your exact problem to help correctly.

Hey. So I have like 5 recipes (recipe 1,recipe 2, recipe 3, etc.). Each recipe has multiple ingredients so for recipe 1 it could be A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H. That's 8 ingredients. This is a theoretical version of my problem but I should be able to do it if I understand the theoretical version

Roxxien

Let say your 5 recipes or in the sheet1 with the name/code in column A and other column contain all ingredient.

In that case, you can use sheet2 to do your search and see all the ingredient

In a specific cell, you will need to write the name/code wit the good syntax (let's say B2)

Then at the cell you want to see the first ingredient you will need VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet1!$A$1:$I$5,2,TRUE)

For the second ingredient VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet1!$A$1:$I$5,3,TRUE)

And so on ...

If you don't want to complicate yourself, this could work perfectly for you.

Teeaamzz

Hey. Thanks very much for the explanation. Have a good day :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RockStar89

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...