Making a letter point to a specific cell or equation?

rpo83

HI all,

I have just joined as i have spent the last hour unsuccessfully searching the net trying to sort out an excel question i have, what i'm trying to do seems pretty simple but i cant figure out how to do it... I'm a basic excel user, using it mainly to create pricelists.

So here is the situation, we are the distributor for a few manufacturers, we usually simply import their pricelists which contain a retail price, and we have a cell that applies a discount which up to now has been a static percentage. A new manufacturer we represent has just sent us their price list, and in it they have included a column that includes 1 of 6 alphabetical characters, these characters define what discount is applied...

So for example A is 20%, F is 25% and to throw a spanner in the works they also have a 3 letter character lets say DET is 27%

As the pricelist is 11 pages long and very complex, we ideally want to import it layed out the same way as they send it to us, so column A is Article #, column B is product name, column C is price and column D is rebate group which contains one of the 6 possible characters.

What i'd like to do is have the first worksheet contain a list of the 6 characters and their discount amount which can then be applied in the rest of the workgroup..

Thank you for reading this far, i look forward to any help you can provide.

Cheers

Steve

The ZERO in MATCH should set for exact only

a little concerned about B$3:B$6 as that indicates to me only three rows are referenced

you might wrap with IFERROR(... formula ... ,"")

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back