Making a long list of option buttons

lotily

Good day to all and greetings from Finland!

This is a question about multiple option buttons in one list.

I need to make a quite long list (at least 200rows) and I need one cell in each row to have three option buttons to indicate three different status for that row. Like "OK","In Progress". "Pending"... or something equal.
How do I do that in proper way? Of course I can add three buttons to a cell, adjust and align their position, add an group box(or edit the property group name) and then repeat that 200 times! But it seems quite a fools work to do!! I Have tried to expand one button set by dragging it with mouse, but all it does is copy and then my buttons are all in same group, not good. So copying the boxes wont save me, because then I need to manually separate that group in its own.
Would it be wise to do this with macro?
I have beginners skills in VBA. Am I making any sense in my very first MrExcel post?(Did I post this right?) Tips and hints are more than welcome!

--XP--Excel2000--

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Might be wiser doing it with Data>Validation...

Select all the cells you want these options in.

Goto Data>Validation..., select List and enter OK, In Progress, Pending for the Source.

Upvote 0
Thank you,

That validation trick does the job I want, only downside is those validation dropdownbox arrows which dont look so nice. Those tiny little buttons would have been so cute ;) But anyway, I am pleased. Thanks for your help Norie and have a nice summer! :cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back