Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
  3. Web
I have 4 Tables
(Students, Test_MA, Test_RA, Test_WE) with a common relationship on StudentID between all of them.

I would like to create a report that would by each student (ID, Name) Print out their record for each test type which are stored in the other 3 tables under each test type's own heading.

Is there a way to do this?

Please assist. Thank you I am using Access 2003

Best Wishes.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Create a query using the student id to link the tables. Use the query as the source for your report.
Alan

Upvote 0
I have 3 queries, one for each of Test_MA, Test_RA, Test_WE however since a student might have taken more instances of one test than the others is there a way to use 3 queries in 1 report so that I do not have a list of permutations of the three tests. So that I may group the appropriately?

Upvote 0
Use the three queries to form one more query to get the results you are looking for. Use the final query as the source of your report.
Alan

Upvote 0
Ok Thank you for your help so far.

What I have done to try and simplify my database is move all the records into one table and have a key for each of them to signal which test type it is.

What I would like to have happen in my report is to have each test type appear with its own heading,

As Score1 on MA has one title, on WE has another title, and on RA is yet another title.

In addition WE tests use more fields than RA and MA tests; and I would like the appropriate end user friendly descriptive headings to be used and for tests where certain fields are not used, I would like to not have the headings/fields shown. How can I do this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back