Making a week by week comparison chart

bh24524

Office Version
  1. 2021
  2. 2007
Hi, so I've been asked by my boss to see about starting a chart of warehouse production by week in several different categories. He is the first one in any job I've ever had to ask me to use the chart feature in Excel so sadly, my chart knowledge is sorely lacking. I want to make a chart that will compare up to 7 categories week by week and all I can think to do is just copy and paste each week with a 1 row gap between each. The data I exported to Excel looks like this layout:

1575058307046.png

I pasted the one for current week right below last week's leaving a row gap in between them. So at this point, I am completely lost on what to do. I am guessing he wants to compare the Perf % numbers on each week in column B that go with column A's headers. Mind you, this will be an ongoing thing that I add to as we complete a week, so the chart will be updated. I just have no idea where to go from here once I paste the data. Is pasting the data one space below like I have the best way to do this or is there better? If I could get some guidance on this, it would be much appreciated!

In that case cell C2 will show 78. And then the other formulas should work

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Okay got that to work. I even got a macro set up to automate it some and reset the charts for new weeks. This should work very well for me. Thanks for all your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back