Making excel sheet a dot grid in appearance when printed

Kaydot

Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, in an attempt to be more organised I've been looking at bullet journaling. I thought I would try printing a few dot grid A4 sheets to play around with. I cannot see a way to have dots at the corner of the cells. I'm hoping someone can please help me.

I like excel as I would like to able to try a habit tracker using the numbers 1-31, and letters for the days of the week. Videos on the internet suggest putting a dot point in cells. To me this would negate inserting information in the cells, so I would really please like a way to have dots at the corner of cells. I can easily manage a grid line, or a dotted grid line, but I'm hoping there is a way to do a dot grid appearance.

Thank you for your time, Kay

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Hi Kaydot.
Welcome to the Forum.

I don’t believe you can do that in Excel as it is hard coded into the programe, but I stand to be corrected.
My understanding of ‘Grid lines’ is; firstly you can select ‘To’ see them or select ‘Not’ to.
You can change the style, colours etc of them by using the ‘Boarder’ formatting, but that is your limit

Upvote 0
If you want to hide ‘All’ grid lines, do this.
Click the File tab, then click ‘Options’ then ‘Advance’. Scroll down the page to ‘Display options for this worksheet' and untick the ‘Show gridline’ box

Upvote 0
Hi julhs, thank you for your reply. It may not be possible. I was surprised when I looked at the border options that it wasn't there. I tried the custom draw border, but that just seemed to produce lines, not dots.

Please is there any way of insering an "object ", a dot/circle that could be aligned with cell corners?

Upvote 0
If you don't have a lot of cells that you want displayed in a way vaguely as you described, the below may give you an alternative.
There will be a lot of fiddling about to do, so for just a few cells it may be ok, not really an option for lots.

Try going to 'Insert' on the ribbon and then 'Shapes', experiment with things to see if there is anything you can live with.

Upvote 0
If you don't have a lot of cells that you want displayed in a way vaguely as you described, the below may give you an alternative.
There will be a lot of fiddling about to do, so for just a few cells it may be ok, not really an option for lots.

Try going to 'Insert' on the ribbon and then 'Shapes', experiment with things to see if there is anything you can live with.
Hi,

It seems that going for a light grey, broken line grid seems to be the simplest option. I've worked out how to make it in cms. Please is there a way not to have a dark border around the outside of the page? The rest of the grid is in the light grey colour I selected, but not the external edges of the grid.

Thanks again for your time.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean by 'Boarder around outside of page'?

Suggest you use the 'Snip tool' to post a jpeg image of what you are referring too.
To do so; click the Windows start/home button, in the window at the bottom type 'Snip' and then select 'Snip Tool'.
Go back to your sheet and drag your selection over a few 'Rows and Columns' to include the 'Page boarder' that you are referring to.
Save the image to your desk or some where.
Then go back to your reply post and select 'Upload image', find and select the image you just saved.
You should then see the image in your reply, if not just click the 'Preview' button, and then click 'Post reply'

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean by 'Boarder around outside of page'?

Suggest you use the 'Snip tool' to post a jpeg image of what you are referring too.
To do so; click the Windows start/home button, in the window at the bottom type 'Snip' and then select 'Snip Tool'.
Go back to your sheet and drag your selection over a few 'Rows and Columns' to include the 'Page boarder' that you are referring to.
Save the image to your desk or some where.
Then go back to your reply post and select 'Upload image', find and select the image you just saved.
You should then see the image in your reply, if not just click the 'Preview' button, and then click 'Post reply'
Hi, thanks for the reply. I worked out if I turned off print gridlines, the thicker outer border went away. Cheers, Kaydot

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Da9l87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back