Making hidden Access sessions visible.

petertenthije

We have a computer that is used exclusively to run automated processes using windows taskplanner and VBS scripts.

This computer also opens Access databases to update them. Some of these are running in the background, with the Access session not visible.

With Windows Taskmanager I can see that one (or more) MSACCESS.EXE *32 sessions are running. But I can't open this session using Taskmanager. When I right-mouseclick I can select "Open location" (or something like it, translating from Dutch)... but that only shows the location of the Access program, not the specific database. Same when opening properties.

Is there a way to unhide these Access sessions, so I can see which specific databases are running?

I know it is possible to do so for hidden Excel sessions (code: Getobject(, "Excel.Application").Visible = true in VBA>Immediate screen), but for Access I am at a loss.

In the task manager you can not see the name of the database. Only that Acces is running.
I can. Make sure you expand the items. It's after 1:30AM here now so I'm hitting the hay. If you need me to elaborate, can do later - or you can check it out.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Tmgr.jpg

As you can see, the name (in fact, the full path) of the db is visible.

Upvote 0
I think that's on win10 right? I still have win7, but the company is updating to win10 so there's light at the end of the tunnel! :)
Yes Win 10. Don't recall if you said anything about upgrading Access. Advise not to use Office 64 bit unless you really need the extra power. You might discover that your db's need modifying or worse, if you use mde or accde files everyone must be on the same accde version or else you'll be managing 2 versions.

Upvote 0
Yes Win 10. Don't recall if you said anything about upgrading Access. Advise not to use Office 64 bit unless you really need the extra power. You might discover that your db's need modifying or worse, if you use mde or accde files everyone must be on the same accde version or else you'll be managing 2 versions.
We are not changing office versions, as far as I know. But with IT departments you can never be certain. :) Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back