JMata806

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
  4. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
My accounting clerk is going through invoices.

We recently acquired several hundred invoices from a company for 50 jackets.
Rather than simply invoice us for the 50 jackets they sent 50 individual invoices for each unique member and customer who purchased one.

Now we ate through this without issue going over each on at a time, but to save my clerk some time I was curious for future invoices that are similar in nature.
Is there a way to extract data from them and put them into a single spreadsheet.

Now I have done some power query before, but the issue here is the invoices are in a unique design.
I've included and example as a pdf. Bob's Invoice

Now normally I can convert tables or adjust rows without issue but since the "design" is kinda all over the place it makes it difficult to split the tables than merge all into a single spreadsheet for mutiple PDF's stored in the folder.

Am I just making this harder then it needs to be or should we just stick to doing these by hand?

As always your help is greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
What data do you want to extract exactly?

Upvote 0
Well I want to try to pull all current information from the PDFs and make them into a simple list structure.

Column A - Column Z etc.
INVOICE #, CUSTOMER, BILL ADD, SHIP ADD, etc.

Currently I've tried using Adobe DC or Power Query to pull this data however in PowerQuery it'll pull but not everything will show.

With Power Query I've tried using the "Page" output simply exporting all the binary data into one dumped messy table. I tried a work around of simply combining all PDF's in the power query, dump the data into a sheet than simply use OFFSET ROW and force plugging based on position, but when it attempts to load all 50 of these not everything will appear or show as "NULL" even though tech the data is there in that invoice pdf.

I am thinking of breaking the PDF down into individual tables and simply do it this way but like I said I overthink or make things more complicated then it should.

With Adobe DC I've tried simply using the Prepare Form to simply identify the working fields than "more tools" to merge all these invoices into a single spreadsheet, but that is I think I am missing a step on so educating myself on the process.

Course please slap me if I am being silly and making mountains over mole hills too lol.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back