Making reports from PingPlotter export files

Brain-Hurts

I have been tracking an intermittent problem with my internet by running a program called PingPlotter. It sends ping packets to a site and measures times and amount of loss through each hop.

wwwgooglecom.png

Data is sorted through a separate program that filters some of the extra stuff out and ends up in a csv file where I import it and filter out the boring stuff:

ExcelPicture.gif

What I want to do is have a chart that shows what time of day the outages most likely occur. It would have to be an average of all of the times through all 2 weeks of readings.

What you see above is part of the data filtered to only show packet loss (PL% on the header) of 25% or greater. At this point the specific amount does not matter since they are all considered "outages." So I don't think they, or any of the other columns to the right (not shown) need to be in the graph.

Also, since it happens every day, I don't think the date columns (at least in the final chart) matter.

It would look like a 24 hour time scale on the X-axis, with a nice curve going horizontally with spikes in the times where the outage has occured the most in a 24 hour period.

For example, it always goes out at 4:30 ish in the morning and 12ish in the afternoon with random small outages at other times. The graph should be relatively even with spikes at 4:30 AM and 12 PM.

So, I think the only data I actually need is an aggregate of the time shown above plotted against a 24 hour scale.

I spent hours trying to figure this out! I am using Excel 2002.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back