Malfunctioning: Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control

KDavidP1987

Board Regular
Greetings,

I have a question for which I cannot find the answer to anywhere. I'm using the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control in a form at the request of leadership who want to choose the date for the form. The info doesn't go anywhere, it just shows up on print outs.

The problem: This control is SUPER fidgety. Sometimes it shows up all skewed (large text inside, or otherwise a mess). Sometimes this resolves itself after the spreadsheet has been open for a minute, sometimes not and it has to be reloaded.

Has anyone came across this before? Any reason the appearance of the form sometimes works perfectly and sometimes looks whacky?

Sincerely,
Kristopher

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Are you talking about a userform, or a worksheet "form"?

Upvote 0
Are you talking about a userform, or a worksheet "form"?

Wish I could link a picture, lol. I am referring to the DEVELOPER TAB -> INSERT -> Active X Controls -> More Controls -> Microsoft Date and Time Picker. That I'm aware of, it seems to be the only date picker available in Excel?

It looks horribly skewed, like it isn't loading correctly.

Upvote 0
So you're putting it on a worksheet, not a user form. Unfortunately, activex controls really aren't all that stable on worksheets.

Upvote 0
That's unfortunate! Yes, it is going into a worksheet, because leadership wants a option to pick the date on the sheet. The sheet is a sort of form, but it isn't designed as a form.

Is there any other date picker available in Excel?

Upvote 0
No. If you really need to use that, I'd suggest you add it to a form and show the form from say the double-click event of the worksheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back