Mandatory add-on making Excel extremely slow?

firew86

Hi all, first-time poster here. I use Excel a lot at work. We have an add-on that's necessary for a lot of specific-to-my-job functions in most of our spreadsheets, but it makes EVERYTHING in Excel EXTREMELY slow when it's enabled. Even in very small spreadsheets with little formatting (+that do NOT actually use this add-on), doing anything such as deleting an excess sheet (ex. the Sheet2 and Sheet3 that are on any spreadsheet by default) or even just saving the document results in a "Calculating: 4 Processors: 1%...7%...etc." message and a loooonng wait. This happens whether calculation is set to manual or automatic; it doesn't matter.

The only solution I've found is disabling the add-on, but that's kind of annoying to do. I've added an "options" button to the ribbon so that I can get to the add-ons manager faster... is there a way to add the "manage add-ons" button directly to the ribbon? Is there otherwise anything that could help with this, a VBA script, ??? I'd rather NOT be constantly disabling and re-enabling the add-on if possible, but I might have to for my sanity, at least while I'm editing spreadsheets that don't use it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back