Manipulating Pivot Table Data - % of Column

ET Hug

Board Regular
Hi Everyone,

I've created a Pivot Table and added a % of Column to the data area. I don't want this shown as a percentage, but rather as the percentage value multiplied by a 100. How would I change the values that are in my columns to show this? Is this possible?

Thanks

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Zack Barresse

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Select the pivot item, click on the Pivot Table drop down from the pivot table toolbar, select Formulas | Calculated Field. Select the formula box, type in your formula, using the field names (listed below) you wish to change, when done click the Modify button, Ok-out.

Is this what you're looking for?

ET Hug

Board Regular
Hi Firefytr,

I tried that method you wrote abobe before...but the field I want changed isn't showing up as one of the fields I can manipulate.

The field I wanted changed is a column I put into the data area of my Pivot Table... then through Field Settings > Options...I changed this to show as a "% of Column". The number I'm getting is fine...but I need it mulitplied by 100 rather than showing up as a decimal or percentage. From your experience is this possible?

Thanks

Zack Barresse

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
You need to add a Calculated Field then in place of the data, then show your calculated field instead of the data field. Format as desired.

Note the calculated field cannot have the same name as your field/data name.

ET Hug

Board Regular
Forget it...I don't think its going to work.

Thank you Firefytr

Zack Barresse

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Oh it will work, trust me. You just need to add your own Calculated Field. If it is it's own field with none others associated with it, just perform the custom calculation on that field.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surfing69