Margins not saved for other users

AcDel

I have a workbook that I made for the office, which multiple people use.

On my computer, the page breaks are set so each worksheet only prints on one page. However, when another user tries to print it comes out on 2-3 pages.
I noticed that my margins were set as custom and their margins are set as normal or wide.

Only one other person in the office does not have this problem and she is the one who assisted me with creating the workbook. I'm not really understanding why the margin settings are not being transferred over to the next user. This creates an annoyance for others since they have to readjust the page break on 10+ sheets.

Has anyone encountered any problems similar to this and is there a solution?

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
When you say it has multiple users - it's a shared workbook?
If so - shared workbook print settings are saved per user (by default). You can try to reset it:
1. Unshare the workbook
2. Delete the custom views (Custom Views on View tab)
3. Configure the print settings the way you want them
4. Share the workbook. Don't click OK
5. on the advanced tab, clear the Print Settings checkbox under Include In personal view. click OK

Upvote 0
It is not a shared workbook.

When I say multiple people use it, I mean they use it as a template.

They open, edit the workbook, and "save as". They cannot overwrite because it is set as read only.

Upvote 0
Bumping a thread with a response doesn't do you much good.

So the scenario is: You have a template (actually saved as an xltx or xltm?) and other users are losing the margins you configured.
Are they on the same printer?
Are they on the same version of Excel? What version?

Usually the print margins will change if the print driver is different or corrupt.

Upvote 0
Was hoping to get some input from other users. It seemed to get your attention.

It is not an actual template. The file is saved as .xlsm.
We have multiple printers in the office. We have tried printing from the same printers and even switching between the 3-5 printers we have. It holds the margins correctly on my computer and incorrectly for others.
We are all on Excel 2010.

Since I have tried printing from the different printers we have, including printing to "Adobe PDF", so I don't believe the driver is the issue.

Thanks for your help so far.

Upvote 0
The bump didn't get my attention. The fact that you replied did.

When you were changing printers - were you just sending to different printers or changing the actual default printer (in the Windows settings)?
I'd try changing the default printer on a problem pc to match yours, then open the workbook.

Are the other users changing the zoom? There are reports of increasing the zoom beyond 100% messes things up.

Do you have any code in the workbook that resets the page setup?

Upvote 0
The problem was with my computer's DPI settings.

It changes the row heights depending on that setting, which then offset the page breaks.

Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0
Thank you for coming back with your results!!!

ok - DPI settings - Dots Per Inch for the printer? And that affected your row heights? That is interesting..

But what about the margins themselves? you said they changed from your custom margins to Normal?

Upvote 0
This was done through the computer's display settings.
On windows 7:
Right click on desktop > Screen Resolution > "Make Text and other items larger or smaller"

My settings were on 125% and everyone else's was on 100%. From what I read, this affects the sizing of the cells and text. This changed my row size from 15 to 17.25, which is the row size that everyone else has in the office.

The problem does not seem to be with the margins, so I must have incorrectly looked at someone else's settings.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back