Master document with links to other workbooks password issues. Excel 2013

beeby

So here is the issue.

I have one master document that pulls data from 12 other workbooks. Each workbook has a password. the master sheet has a password. All the passwords are the same. I will only ever have the master open and 1 of the workbooks at a time. Currently on my system excel asks me for the password 2 times. 1 for the master 1 for the other. My manager however, is asked for all 12 other sheets passwords every time she open the document. is there a setting that she may have on/off or i may on/off have on that is causing this?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
So here is the issue.

I have one master document that pulls data from 12 other workbooks. Each workbook has a password. the master sheet has a password. All the passwords are the same. I will only ever have the master open and 1 of the workbooks at a time. Currently on my system excel asks me for the password 2 times. 1 for the master 1 for the other. My manager however, is asked for all 12 other sheets passwords every time she open the document. is there a setting that she may have on/off or i may on/off have on that is causing this?.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back