Master price database to be used with separate pricing workbook

foleycormac

Office Version
  1. 2019
Hi All,

I got great help on another topic from Joe, so I'm back again looking for some more guidance!

What I'm looking to do is have a master price list where I can update materials and their unit rate.
I watched a video on transforming a complex pricing list into a quoting tool.
I downloaded the associated workbook but I'm not sure if it's the right thing for my requirements.

I have about 15 different elements that I might need to price.
In each of these 15 elements, there could be between 5 and 30 items that would need a price.

I already have a workbook set up that can now hide the elements that are not required for a particular project.
I have set a certain number of rows associated to each element.
In each of these rows, I would like to have a drop down list to select the items required.
The selected item would then populate a cell with the correct price/rate.

What is the best way to go about this, Excel or Access (I have good excel knowledge but not with VBA). I have no Access experience.
Have a Workbook for my pricing database, then have the pricing template workbook link to the database?
How do I build both the database and the pricing section on the pricing template?

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
If you have no Access experience, I would see if Excel can handle your requirement(s) first.
It would also help if you changed your profile and indicated which version of Excel you run.
Then, when you pose a problem looking for a solution, use XL2BB to provide sample information and proposed solutions.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
If you have no Access experience, I would see if Excel can handle your requirement(s) first.
It would also help if you changed your profile and indicated which version of Excel you run.
Then, when you pose a problem looking for a solution, use XL2BB to provide sample information and proposed solutions.

Thanks.
thanks for the advice, I'll get on that now. Where exactly should I indicate which version of Excel I run?

Upvote 0
If you click on your name, then select Account Details, scroll down and check the appropriate box(es). Don't forget to scroll down and SAVE.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatong2008

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back