Master Sheet Vs new sheets

numberonetwin

If i have a master sheet, say for a quiz, and get students to fill out the sheet individually, can i place all of the students sheets into one workbook and have them automatically tabulate their answers(correct/wrong) by entering the correct values in the master sheet?

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi

Can you expand on what you require?

You want a 'master' containing answers...
Each person would fill out a seperate workbook and ou want them to be marked as they go or give some kind of overal score?

Upvote 0
yes.
i have a master sheet that would have the correct answers....
individuals would submit a sheet that was based on the master with their answers ....

are you able to have those sheets show right and wrong...ie red or black by putting them into the same workbook as the master?

Upvote 0
Sure.

Why not just create a test sheet that is linked to the master in the same workbook? When you want to send it to the students you can hide the master sheet and protect the workbook, so it "can't" be unhidden.

HTH,

Smitty

Upvote 0
i have already sent out the sheet...

just wondering if i could add the returned sheets to a workbook and compare them to the original.

Upvote 0
Probably.....
Lets say you copy and paste the data into a worksheet:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:B1=Sheet2!A3:B3))

The formula above will compare A1 and B1 with a range on another sheet.

Adapt the formula so the range A1:B1 is your recieved answers and sheet 2 could be your master sheet with the correct answers. There are other methods but see if this helps, If you need help post back with details including what range your answers are in and what range the returned answers are in. Maybe even post a screenshot or mail me an example workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back