mastersheet with passwords

dsgs

Hi,

in a workbook i created (actually you created most of it..) i'm using a sheet where all important data is stored (e.g. passwords)

it contains all sheet passwords and they can be modified there by the admin. now i'd like to add the password from the vba!

so lets say range("I3") contains the VBA password (the cell is named ww_vba) if someone opens VBA (ALT+F11 or through the menu) they should enter the password in cell ww_vba otherwise access should be denied!

is something like this possible?

thanx! :pray:

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi,

because nobody answered i think it can't be done... could somebody confirm this? :eek:

is it possible to write a macro that enables and disables VBA protection? (with password)....

thx for any reply!

Upvote 0
Hi, dsgs,

I don't know if you could open the VBA-Project from within a macro. It would surprise me.

Do you know you can set a password in the VBE-Editor itself, which is more secure then putting it on a workbook?
Menu Tools / Properties of VBAProject?

kind regards,
Erik

Upvote 0
Yes, i'm aware of that but i would like to let somebody else be the admin of this workbook and it would be easyer to control for him if it was placed in a certain cell (only he would know) and you ....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back