Match 2 columns then return valu in the 3rd column

StashSoup

I have 3 columns of data in Sheet 1. Column A is SKU's, column B is WH's, and column C is a number. Column A has duplicate values, because a SKU exists in multiple WH's.

In Sheet 2 - Column A is the SKU and row 1 is the WH. I need the table poplated with the number from sheet 1.

I know there is aformula for this but i can't seem to get any of them to work. Not INDEX or MATCH or VLOOKUP.

I don't know how I can show a screen cap of the tables??!! So i hope i explained them perfectly.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
I have 3 columns of data in Sheet 1. Column A is SKU's, column B is WH's, and column C is a number. Column A has duplicate values, because a SKU exists in multiple WH's.

In Sheet 2 - Column A is the SKU and row 1 is the WH. I need the table poplated with the number from sheet 1.

I know there is aformula for this but i can't seem to get any of them to work. Not INDEX or MATCH or VLOOKUP.

I don't know how I can show a screen cap of the tables??!! So i hope i explained them perfectly.
Will the combination of SKU + WH be unique?

What version of Excel are you using?

Upvote 0
try this
Excel Workbook
ABC
1SKUWHNumber
2124K5bc5
3125L4ad10
4124K5df6
Sheet1
Excel 2003
Excel Workbook
ABC
1SKUWHNumber
2124K5df6
Sheet2
Excel 2003
#VALUE!
Entered with Ctrl+Shift+Enter. If entered correctly, Excel will surround with curly braces {}.

Upvote 0
#name? - yes the combination of SKU and WH will be unique. i am using office 2010

texaslynn - your suggestion does not work as you have the wrong setup for sheet 2. how did you show the row/column in your post?

Upvote 0
so why would you have the SKx repeated on sheet2? The information would just duplicate those lines

Upvote 0
Excel Workbook
ABC
1SKUWH1WH2
2SKU1510
3SKU1510
4SKU1510
Sheet2
Excel 2003
#VALUE!
Entered with Ctrl+Shift+Enter. If entered correctly, Excel will surround with curly braces {}.

Upvote 0
#name? - yes the combination of SKU and WH will be unique. i am using office 2010
Ok, try this...

With your data on Sheet1 in the range A2:C15.

Enter this formula on Sheet2 in cell B2:

=SUMIFS(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$15,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$15,$A2,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$15,B$1)

Copy across as needed then down as needed.

Upvote 0
Works great for the first cell. but when i copy accross it changes the 1st criteria to the cell to the left....

thanks Biff!!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back