Match and Replace Row

JustTrying9

Hi,

I have a report from our data source that shows recently edited records. This could be updates to the company's address, or region, etc. (Sheet1)

I have a master list as well with ALL of our clients (same columns). (Sheet2)

When I pull in the recently edited records, I'd like the master list to update as well with those values.

Column A contains the unique identifier that will never change, and would be the "match" column. There are 22 total columns.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I am assuming that the report you get with the edited records contains only edited records but all of the 22 columns, regardless of whether all were changed or just some of them. If that is the case, you could use the first row of the master list to put in lookup formulas. you can then use a countif to identify which records have changed (since they will be on the report with edited records). after you identify them, you can filter on those and apply the lookups. all data that has changed will be changed but the rest will be the same.after you apply the formulas you unfilter and paste as values, keeping the first row with formulas unchanged. that way, you can redo the steps for every report you get and should be done in a couple of minutes. it's not completely automated but close-ish?

Upvote 0
That would work well for me, but ultimately I am not the end user. The end user has very limited excel knowledge.

Upvote 0
I think that might require a macro that only asks the user to copy the data in a new sheet and then just run. Macros are not my strong suit though but other forum members with macro knowledge might lend a hand then. You could try on your own by recording a macro while you go through the necesary steps and then add an addin for the end user so they only have to click on the addin after copying the new data in the workbook.

Upvote 0
I could write you a macro to do this.
Can all the Data on “Sheet2” be replaced with the data on Sheet 1? If the unique identifier matches?
I assumed sheet 1 with the updated info is in the same workbook with your master list Sheet two is that correct.
And I assume all your data on one row represents all the data for one record. Row represents record column represents field.
Let me know if this is correct and answer the above questions please if you want a macro to do this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webster33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back