Match any part of cell to values from a list

brockmoller

I have a column (C) that contains a list of values. I have another column (E), that contains another list of values (some of these values can be found within the values in column C.

I need to know which cells in column C contain any of the exact values in Column E.

In the example below, C2 does contain the value from E1 so column D2 would return a statement "True" where D1 and D3 would return false.

C
D (Does C1 Contain any value from column E ?)
E
GageGTBPB30

WWJBL
GageWWJBL34

WWTBL
GageWWJGXXL

WWJBXL

<tbody>
</tbody>

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

VBA Geek

MrExcel MVP
<b>Worksheet Formulas</b><table cellpadding="2.5px" width="100%" rules="all" style="border: 1px solid;text-align:center;background-color: #FFFFFF;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: #BBB"><thead><tr style=" background-color: #DAE7F5;color: #161120"><th width="10px">Cell</th><th style="text-align:left;padding-left:5px;">Formula</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><th width="10px" style=" background-color: #DAE7F5;color: #161120">D1</th><td style="text-align:left">=ISNUMBER(<font color="Blue">LOOKUP(<font color="Red">2,1/ISNUMBER(<font color="Green">SEARCH(<font color="Purple">$E$1:$E$3,C1</font>)</font>)</font>)</font>)</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></table><br />

I have a column (C) that contains a list of values. I have another column (E), that contains another list of values (some of these values can be found within the values in column C.

I need to know which cells in column C contain any of the exact values in Column E.

In the example below, C2 does contain the value from E1 so column D2 would return a statement "True" where D1 and D3 would return false.

C
D (Does C1 Contain any value from column E ?)
E
GageGTBPB30

WWJBL
GageWWJBL34

WWTBL
GageWWJGXXL

WWJBXL

<tbody>
</tbody>

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads