MATCH function error?

pnoteng

I have been using the INDEX/MATCH functionality several times, but would not say I have Black Belt, but now I ran into an issue I really don't understand.

I have scaled down my problem trying to isolate the issue from my original workbook. The issue is that my lookup value in the MATCH function is not working when I summarize two percentage numbers (72%+9%) that is my match lookup value, while if I enter 81% manually in the cell, Match is working. It is only some value combinations that is not working. 72%+10% is working.

I have tried both Excel 2016 and 365, and the problem is the same if I use VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP

When I change the values in C16 to 10%, all the lookup functions are working, while if I type the Total Performance values manually in C20 it all works.
I have cleared all formatting and started form scratch to be sure I didn't have any formatting issues.

Don't know if this is an Excel error, or an error from my side (I wold assume I'm the issue, but I really don't understand what is going on)

Thanks

Attachments

• MATCH issue.jpg
    MATCH issue.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Thanks you so much Pete_SSs.
Your solution resolved my problem, and its logical when you see it from the floating Point view, but I really didn't think down that road.
Really good to have this forum for help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back