Match Index? How to split a saving value across 12 months based on month of saving realisation and other controls

anton1

HI,

I am trying to create a savings log which would enable us to detail down the savings we generate as a business.

Essentially the main issue I am facing is that I can dedicate fields to detail the saving total along with a date that can be used to identify a realisation month for the saving but i cannot think of a way to apportion the savings down depending on type and across monthly ranges.

This is where things have become a little tricky as there are a few controls that are needed.

1. Savings can be designated as either a one off or annualised in column P. So in essence the total value is either captured in a single month based on the realisation date column E, or the saving total split over 12 values and 12 months from the realisation date. Saving total can be found in column R.

2. Savings can be entered but can only be accounted in the month columns U to AR once approved and the "yes" option selected from the drop down in column T.

I toyed with If statements and sum ifs based on approval status in column T and I can get the value to display or not in a single column. I stumbled across Index and Match functions but not sure if this is the solution or how to get this working.

What I am lost with here is how to get the value to appear in the correct month in the range of Columns U to AR, and then how to get this to either lump the value into one month if designated one off in column P or if annualised is selected to start at the realisation month and then display 12 consecutive values for the period of 12 months starting from the realisation month.

I've attached a dropbox link below to a copy of the workbook with a typed example of what i'm hoping to achieve.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bic7p6zya0f763/2019 Price Increase & Savings Log ME.xlsx?dl=0

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back