Matching Max and Mins up

Dave2015

I have a group of people that I want to have them peer-review each others reports. There are roughly 20 people who have 200 reports between them. I would like to create a template with formulas that can be ran each month to assign say 5 reports to be peer reviewed each month (or assign all out if thats easier). I would like the most tenured people paired with the lowest tenured. Example Data below.

Is there a way to create a formula that can match a person up with another at the opposite end of the tenure spectrum and return the report name? It doesnt need to be an exact tenure match (highest to lowest, 2nd higest to 2nd lowest, etc) and I would ideally like to randomize the assignments each month. The tenures, number of reports each person has is not evenly set so its not as easy as copy, flip, paste.... Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Thanks!

Name
Tenure (months)
Report Name
Bob
A1
Bob
A2
John
A3
John
A4
Mike
A5
Mike
A6
Sarah
A7
Sarah
A8
Kristina
A9
Kristina
B1

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I'm a little fuzzy on the specifics, but you could try Rank. Since it has an ascending descending option, Rank(ascending) = Rank (descending) would do that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcolwell16

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back