Matching Value from a List of Products

Syer

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have an excel sheet that's filled with all product details. Example as per below:

1583293682349.png

Basically it's separated into retail and private products. So i would like to create a section at the top of the sheet that is sort of like a summary where it can provide the details of a product based on their product code such as this:
Presentation
Product CodeInitial PriceMax pricePurchase dateDiscountMonthDateSelling Price
7​
10.0021.002-Feb-206%12-Feb-2018

And here are the issues that I need help with:

Problem 1:
For the product code in the presentation part, I only managed to do a drop down button by creating a list of all product codes. How do i create a list for the product code for different rows?

Problem 2:
For the other columns in presentation part, I did a vlookup as usual but is there any other way to display the values based on the product code (from the drop down button)?

Do let me know if you have any ideas for this worksheet or how to simplify this process further.

Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
I'm going to need some clarification here.

"I only managed to do a drop down button by creating a list of all product codes". Yes, that is how you populate a dropdown box - you have to have a list somewhere.

"How do i create a list for the product code for different rows?". This is the bit I don't understand. I presume you made the dropdown list manually - or did you use some vba code? If you are making the list manually, what is the difficulty with multiple rows?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back