Mathematical Font Presentation

norm282

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2002 with Windows XP. How can I write an equation in mathematical format.
For example:

b + (c)^n
a = --------
d

The equation doesn't look right but it is "a" equal to "b" plus "c" to the power of "n", all divided by "d".

Is there a mathematical font in Excel that makes this type of presentation and calculation possible?

Your help is appreciated.
Thank you

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Kavy,
Thank you for your reply.

However, I am looking for more. I do not want simply to write the equation in one line and solve it, I am wondering if Excel has a means or a font will allow graphically presenting the equation as I have tried to describe it- and solving it.

This would also apply to more complex integral and differential equations.

Upvote 0
Ah I still don't know what your really asking for, are you looking to show the equation one a graph?

As for intergal and diferential equaitons... I think you need Math Lab for that... if you want it done on a computer of course

Upvote 0
I have just been onto the internet and it looks like one has to buy the software for converting to math expressions. One ad says:

"the patented add-in automatically converts your formulas to textbook-style math notation allowing you to easily verify and manage your calculations every step of the way".

I was hoping that it might be in Excel.
Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
No. Excel does not support symbolic mathematics. You will have to look at a product like Mathematica or Maple or one of their competitors.
Kavy,
Thank you for your reply.

However, I am looking for more. I do not want simply to write the equation in one line and solve it, I am wondering if Excel has a means or a font will allow graphically presenting the equation as I have tried to describe it- and solving it.

This would also apply to more complex integral and differential equations.

Upvote 0
Microsoft Equation 3.0

Microsoft Equation 3.0 is an object that can display equations in pretty font. The problem is, you must manually enter the numbers to use it. I'm trying to record a macro to fill in the values in the Equation 3.0 object, but as of yet have had no success.

To put an equation.3 onto your sheet, go to Insert -> Object -> Microsoft Equation 3.0.

If you know how to fill in an equation 3.0 object with values from a spreadsheet, please let me know!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back