Maximising Profit

XPKMJRVX27

The price of electricty fluxuates hourly over the course of a year.
My goal is to buy electricy for storage from the grid for the asking price at the time and sell it back to the grid at a later time (for a greater price) in order to make a profit. The criteria however is that when selling it back to the grid I can only sell it back at 80% of the asking price at the time of sale. An example would be if i bought electricty for £100 at 1pm and by 4pm it was worth £1000 I could sell it back to the grid for £800 making a £700 profit. I need an excel formula which will allow me to know exactly when to buy and sell to allow for maximum profit? ( I already have the hourly cost of electricty over the course of the year in question)

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Logit

I need an excel formula which will allow me to know exactly when to buy and sell to allow for maximum profit? ( I already have the hourly cost of electricity over the course of the year in question)
You have the hourly cost of electricity for a past year. How does that apply to a forthcoming year ?

If I know the price of gas on November 15, 2018 doesn't mean the cost will be the same this November.

What am I missing ???

(ps: as an aside question, do you have your own electrical generator plant that produces large quantities of electricity ?)

Michael M

Office Version
Platform
Windows
@Logit
When you come up with the required solution for the OP, can you also do one for me that tells me when to buy and sell shares on the stock exchange for maximum benefit...:LOL:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sama9000

This Week's Hot Topics