May be easy for you, But this would be hard for me

tgivin

I have seen a few videos with parts of this in it but something is always left out.

Problem: Have to validate data from two Excel files to be sure they match on a weekly basis. Also need to show reasons in comment column if differences are found.

I am calling the new worksheet "Validation".
One of the worksheets, "SEPS Equipment", needs to be compared to the equipment list already in the Validation workbook.
The other worksheet, "Model Equipment", needs to be compared or listed side by side to the SEPS Equipment workbook.

It would be really nice if the two worksheets could be easily updated with changes to the original workbooks after changes are made.
All of the files share two common columns calls "Room ID Number" and "Equipment ID Number"

I would like to have two drop down cells at the top - Department and Room Name.
Both of which could be tied in by the room ID Number.

The idea was to be able to pick a department and room name and have three columns under each worksheet on the same page show data. The three columns of data under each would be Equipment ID Number, JSN, and Count or Qty. So a total of three rows (Original Equipment, SEPS Equipment, and Model Equipment), with 9 sub-rows of data based on equipment ID number

Once the Department and Room Name where changed, so would the information below.
We have to show accountability for all changes in the sheets and model. So by bringing in the "comments" column from the SEPS Equipment worksheet we can see why the equipment was changes and passably when the change happen

I love the videos, very personal, nice touch. Would try and learn until I can peace all this together my self but needs to be completed by Tuesday of next week if I am going to impress.

Thanks for any help on the sub you may give me. I will continue to work on what I can until I have an answer. I have power point to show what I am trying to do more in detail. Finding a way to get it on here is another story.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I think this is one where it's gonna be necessary to see the files in question. Pvt message me for an email address & I'll have a look at them.

Best regards
Richard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back