May have bitten off too much to sort

hyancey

I am trying to accomplish something that is feeling rather like a lost cause at the moment. I may be asking too much of the application. Here is what I am doing...

Built a Google Form that will populate a Google Spreadsheet (have same functionality as excel sheets and will build in Excel then upload). I need the sheet that contains the responses to autosort the entries to other sheets in the workbook based on the name of the person who submitted the data (name will be listed consistently in Column B, Sheet1) so that I will ultimately have a workbook with 8 tabs that are each named after the specific data entry person referenced in Column B, Sheet1. I want the 2nd, 3rd, etc sheet to reflect only the entries put in by that specific person so we can manipulate the data to see time used on specific projects.

I have been staring at the formulas and data too long and it just doesn't make sense how to accomplish this anymore. Help!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
If you can automate the name using Application.UserName somehow, maybe?

Not sure whether Google Spreadsheet would accept that though.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

If you're gathering input from people, why not use the Survey tool in the Excel web app? It's free and you can host it through OneDrive. It feeds to a hidden Excel workbook, and you can then summarize the data with Pivot Tables. If you create a master pivot table and put user name in the Filter field, then you can use the Show Report Filter Pages option, which will create a new Pivot Table sheet for each name in the list.

HTH

Upvote 0
That's a fantastic tool, thanks for making me aware of it.

Welcome to the Board!

If you're gathering input from people, why not use the Survey tool in the Excel web app? It's free and you can host it through OneDrive. It feeds to a hidden Excel workbook, and you can then summarize the data with Pivot Tables. If you create a master pivot table and put user name in the Filter field, then you can use the Show Report Filter Pages option, which will create a new Pivot Table sheet for each name in the list.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back