MDB to ACCDB

Barry Rainbird

Hi Guys
I have recently converted an Access 2007 database from MDB to ACCDB and all is fine, it works well. However, I also have a largish Excel.xlsx spreadsheet which draws down information from my Access 2007 database via many links. Try as I might I cannot find how to replicate the type of linkage to accommodate ACCDB where they were all originally set up to accommodate MDB. Each link is part of a table in Access. Now when I setup a link toi the ACCDB table all I seem to be able to do is draw down the whole table's data-set and not part as used to be the case. Normally of course this wouldn't matter as I could ignore all the information I dont need. But in this case I have a hidden sheet in Excel which does the calculations and hundreds of references to these existing linkages. This has worked fine for several years and to try and remake it to accommodate the different dataset setup would take many days of work.

As an example of the many connection strings:

DBQ=C:\MSOffice\Access\New Park Nursery\Management System.mdb;DefaultDir=C:\MSOffice\Access\New Park Nursery;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=281;FIL=MS Access;ImplicitCommitSync=Yes;MaxBufferSize=512;MaxScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;SafeTransactions=0;Threads=3;UserCommitSync=Yes;

And an example of the same string's Command Text:

SELECT `Booking Database`.`Wednesday PM`, `Booking Database`.`Date of birth`, `Booking Database`.Surname, `Booking Database`.`Child Leaving Date`
FROM `C:\MSOffice\Access\New Park Nursery\Management System`.`Booking Database` `Booking Database`
WHERE (`Booking Database`.`Wednesday PM`=1)
ORDER BY `Booking Database`.`Date of birth` DESC

I have tried altering the existing details of all the connection strings an example as follows:

DBQ=C:\MSOffice\Access\New Park Nursery\Management System.accdb;DefaultDir=C:\MSOffice\Access\New Park Nursery;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)(*.accdb)};DriverId=281;FIL=MS Access;ImplicitCommitSync=Yes;MaxBufferSize=512;MaxScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;SafeTransactions=0;Threads=3;UserCommitSync=Yes;

but to no avail. Can anyone suggest a way forward which doesn't require me to re-write the whole spreadsheet connection calculation sheet?
Many thanks
Barry R

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back