Measure not calculating

anjumanj0502

I have a CUBE in SQL from where i am getting some of the fields. I have column called forecast catgot which has multiple values like Commit, Booked, Pipeline and upside.
I wanted to create a measure where i wanted to add the total revenue of Commit and Booked into one and displayed as Total Commit.
I used the below calculation whih doesnot gives any result or any error. The whole formula appear as in one call in Itallic.

[Total_Commit]: = Calculate(Sum(Playbook_Query[Net Rev]),Filter(Playbook_Query[Forecast Category],"Commit"),Filter(Playbook_Query[Forecast Category]="Booked")

Can anyone help me on this????

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I have a CUBE in SQL from where i am getting some of the fields. I have column called forecast catgot which has multiple values like Commit, Booked, Pipeline and upside.
I wanted to create a measure where i wanted to add the total revenue of Commit and Booked into one and displayed as Total Commit.
I used the below calculation whih doesnot gives any result or any error. The whole formula appear as in one call in Itallic.

[Total_Commit]: = Calculate(Sum(Playbook_Query[Net Rev]),Filter(Playbook_Query[Forecast Category],"Commit"),Filter(Playbook_Query[Forecast Category]="Booked")

Can anyone help me on this????

I don't think you need the Filter. Just use the following:

[Total_Commit]: = Calculate(Sum(Playbook_Query[Net Rev]),Playbook_Query[Forecast Category],"Commit",Playbook_Query[Forecast Category]="Booked")

Upvote 0
[Total_Commit]: = Calculate(Sum(Playbook_Query[Net Rev]),Playbook_Query[Forecast Category],"Commit",Playbook_Query[Forecast Category]="Booked")

Oops. Ignore that. Try this instead

[Total_Commit]: = Calculate(Sum(Playbook_Query[Net Rev]),Playbook_Query[Forecast Category]="Commit"||Playbook_Query[Forecast Category]="Booked")

Upvote 0
Barjoman:

unfortunately it is not working. not a single formula is working when i create it as measure. I tried simple sum and that is also not working :(

sum: =sum(Playbook_Query[Net Rev])

Please help if you know what could be the possible reason..

Upvote 0
Anjumanj, what error do you get when trying sum(Playbook_Query[Net Rev])? If you hover over the yellow exclamation mark where it says error, you will see a helpful message.

My best guess is that Net Rev contains some non-numeric values.

Upvote 0
Anjumanj, what error do you get when trying sum(Playbook_Query[Net Rev])? If you hover over the yellow exclamation mark where it says error, you will see a helpful message.

My best guess is that Net Rev contains some non-numeric values.

unfortunately i am not getting any error. Datatype for Net Revenue is Decimal Number.

Upvote 0
I mean it is not showing any result. Only formula is getting displayed. I used the Value function to get the net revenue converted into int, but still getting the same formula.
the output which i am getting with sum: =sum(Playbook_Query[Net Rev]) is like below

Upvote 0
I mean it is not showing any result. Only formula is getting displayed. I used the Value function to get the net revenue converted into int, but still getting the same formula.
the output which i am getting with sum: =sum(Playbook_Query[Net Rev]) is like below

Can you please post a screenshot?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back